Week Twenty Five: Exploration continues
You are 25 weeks pregnant. (fetal age 23 weeks)
- The unborn child is 34 cm in length and weighs almost 690 grams.
- Baby is around 13.5 inches in length and weighs 1 and half
- Bones are becoming solid, hands are now fully developed.
- The brain is growing rapidly, the brain cells are starting to mature.
- The sexual organs are fully developed.
Week Twenty Six: Second trimester ends
You are 26 weeks pregnant. (fetal age 23 weeks)
- The baby measures 14 inches long and weighs over 1.7 pound.
- Baby measures 35.5cm long and weighs over 760 grams.
- The feet are 2 inches (5cm) long. Hands are very active.
- The baby's eyes begin to open around this time.
Week Twenty Seven: Eyes can open
You are 27 weeks pregnant. (fetal age 25 weeks)
- The fetus weighs almost 2 pounds now and is about 14.5 inches
- Baby now weighs about 875 grams and is 36.5 cm in length.
- The head is over 2.5 inches (7cm) in diameter.
- Your baby's hearing continues to develop.
- The eyes can blink, open and close.
Week Twenty Eight: May recognize your voice
You are 28 weeks pregnant. (fetal age 26 weeks)
- The fetus has its own regular intervals for sleeping and being awake.
- The weight has increased to 1000 grams and is 37.5cm in length.
- 2.2 pounds weight and is 14.8 inches in length from head
- The feet are just over 2 inches (5.5cm) long.
- The hair on the head is now clearly visible.
- The milk teeth have developed under the gums.
- The eyes are starting to move in their sockets.